Summertime is known as peak season in the moving world, and for good reason. For most families, summertime moving is easier because weather is nice and the children have time off from school. However, since quality moving companies are busier during peak season, it’s important to book your mover as soon as possible. That way, you have your pick of top movers instead of settling for lesser quality.
Getting an early start can also greatly reduce your stress during relocation, because you’ll know exactly what to expect and you won’t be fumbling around trying to get everything done at the last minute.
Not sure where to start? Here is an easy peak season moving checklist that will help clear your mind and prepare you for the move ahead.
Things You Can Do Now
Sometimes the best way to get yourself in the moving mood is to go ahead and get some of the simple things done. Here are a few tasks you can complete anytime after your move is a sure thing:
· Set a moving date.
· Research moving companies to get pricing and service information.
· Transfer your utility services or schedule new providers.
· Have your address changed at the post office.
· Start sorting through items to decide what goes and what stays.
· Begin some light packing of non-fragile items you won’t need soon.
Tasks to Get Done Before Moving Day
At some point before moving day, you will have to do some things to make sure your relocation is as safe and affordable as possible. You might want to:
· Make time for loved ones before you move away.
· Take care of any outstanding doctor or vet appointments.
· Have your vehicles inspected for safe travel.
· Get rid of items you aren’t taking through donation or hosting a garage sale.
· Talk with your children about the move and plan some fun activities at your new home.
Prepare for Moving Day
Moving day can be stressful even if you’re well-prepared. However, there are some easy things you can do that will make moving day much simpler and safer:
· Dress for the weather at both locations.
· Have plenty of water and snacks on-hand; don’t forget your moving crew!
· Think of some fun activities for the kids to enjoy during travel.
· Get a good night’s sleep before moving day.
Find a Reliable Mover
When researching moving companies, you want to make sure you’ll get the quality service you need at a fair price. Just know that not all movers will treat you right, so you should make sure they are:
· A BBB-accredited business.
· Experienced in handling your type of residential relocation.
· Able to demonstrate a history of positive customer experience.
· Honest; look for accurate cost estimates and reasonable rates.
If you’re researching moving companies in your area that offer quality local and long-distance moving service at a fair price, go with Daniel Moving & Storage. Get a free cost estimate today and learn more about what makes our team preferred by families and businesses alike!